Before monetising a blog, you need to make sure that the blog is ready and able to handle the process. The first step in the workflow here is to create an about me page for your blog.
About me page is the stand alone page on your blog that tells your readers about you and your blog. There are so many studies in the content marketing that shows about me page of any blog is one of the most visited pages.
People love to read the about me page. It is the sole window to the person behind the blog. Personally, I love to read about me page of any new blog I visit. It gives me an impression of the person behind the blog I am going to subscribe.
So, we need to carefully craft the about me page. It can help to get the subscriber or buyer who is willing to subscribe/buy but wanted to learn about you first.
Haven’t started a blog yet? Read my guide on how to start a blog
That’s why, we are going to talk about 21 elements of crafting a perfect and awesome about me page for your blog.
Are you ready?
21 Elements of an Awesome About Me Page
- Introduce yourself on the first paragraph of the copy.
- Put a blurb of who you are and what is your intent with the blog. Here is an example
- Explain why and how you can help the particular reader with your blog.
- Include a headshot of you.
- Explain your credibility.
- Share your experience in bite sizes capsules.
- Share a tidbit of your personal life but do not share anything which is not relevant to you or your blog.
- Explain why you start the blog in a few lines.
- Use a list/bullet points to share the main topics on your blog.
- Include your accolades and appreciation . Use photographs along with it.
- Include the pillar content of your blog.
- If you have a resource page, feel free to share a link.
- If you are blogging for a while, post links to your top posts. (Your pillar content may not be your top posts)
- Always, always include your freebie in the about me page. (Preferably just after the first two paragraphs and throughout the copy in strategic places)
- If you create video content or podcast, share their links in the middle section to break the monotony.
- If you have any guest posts in other blogs, share their links.
- Share a few testimonials or words of praise for your blog and you.
- Share information about your products/services like books, coaching calls, workshops etc.
- Conclude the copy with your vision for the blog and invite the people to connect you on social media or your email list. (I call it call to action)
- Put the links to your social media accounts.
- Always keep the comments section on for people to leave comments.
I hope these bite sized tips will help you to create the perfect about me for your blog. I am excited to see how you use these tips for your blog. Share your about me page links in the comment below.